Subject: Re: Wireframe Earth
From: [email-masked] (Jamie Krutz) ()
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 95 14:59:05 MST

In article <[email-masked]> Dave Boyer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Does anyone know where I could get a decent (and well-mapped) wireframe 
> of Earth? I've tried a variety of mapping techniques using the on-board 
> "planet" wireframe using several NASA images etc. but cannot seem to get 
> by the problem of double image warping using spherical mapping (I can get 
> the general idea across, but it sure doesn't look like any planet I've 
> ever lived on). 
> 	Also, in the animation I'm working on, the Earth needs to rotate 
> a full 360 degrees: Everything I've tried makes the far side of the Earth 
> look like a truly scary place to visit.  Is there any object disk set I 
> could purchase which would include an accurate Earth from space or is 
> there something else available? Thanks

Not sure what you're picturing exactly, but here are some leads for you.

There are some globes on the LightROM CD. Also World Construction
Set, a landscape animation GIS program, can animate the entire earth 
(you get DEM data for the whole planet at a suitable resolution for space
shots when you send in your warranty card).

Regards,
 -Jamie